Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Streamlined

After two years of  "first week out of school misery" see 2011, 2010,  I finally learned.  I can happily say that although we did not totally dodge the bullet, the whole process was streamlined and today, only four days into summer vacation we had an indisputably fabulous day!  Woo Hoo,  PRAISE GOD, because let me tell you over the weekend it was looking bleak.  All the usual suspects showed up- crying, whining, and even that ugly, hateful fighting.    I ordinarily have a lot of patience but not the past few days.  If the last two years have taught me anything it's that for whatever reason (transition, exhaustion, funky schedule) my kids struggle with the first bit out of school.  Establishing some firm expectations and letting everybody know about them clearly and without hesitation and then holding tight while the dust settles is the quickest way to summer bliss.  Thank you, little blog for being the reminder in the back of my head that there is nothing new under the sun.



                She's so happy to have constant book readers, singers, dancers and playmates.  August is going to be rough.  

No comments: