Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Advent Photo A Day: Presence

We've been listening to Christmas music for a couple of weeks (ok, maybe a little longer) so I've heard "O Holy Night" a few times this season but today when I heard it, the words "the weary world rejoices" hit me.  How very weary the world is. 

O Holy night! The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
'Til He appears and the soul felt its worth
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn
Fall on your knees; O hear the Angel voices!
O night divine, O night when Christ was born
O night, O Holy night, O night divine!

Today I started the Advent Photo a Day challenge.  I'm only a day behind plus it's December 1st and since I like to start new things on Mondays or on the first of the month I  feel like I'm in good shape. Today's word is presence.  

We are weary.

We miss our old lives.  

Nothing feels "normal".

But tonight, all is right.  

We're all in the same room watching Rudolph.  

This is our norm.  We eat dinner together.  We spend the evening together.  We're almost always together. 

2020 is hard.  But there is a lot to be grateful for, starting with a norm that includes being together.  

Presence.  


No comments: