Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Advent Days 6, 7, 8: Remember, Tenderly, Prepare

 Remember:

On Saturday, we had family photos taken even though it seems like we just had them taken.  Except that was actually 4 years ago.


Tenderly:


Yesterday on my run I heard such a racket that I stopped.  I looked up and spotted that guy perched on the wires.  I watched him for a bit and a couple of other people stopped as well, all of us trying to capture a photo.  I ran on my lunch hour, you know in the middle of the day.  These other people were presumably also in the middle of their day at work.  Before Covid would we have all stopped to watch and listen?  My heart feels happy with the thought that maybe we're all a bit more tender, a bit slower, a bit quieter now.    



Prepare

Emma and Eleanor snuck out of the house early this morning and went to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and donuts to start our day.  I was so delighted with my oat milk gingerbread latte!  It was the best way to prepare for day of online school!



No comments: