Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good Bye Buddy Boy.

Today Gus went on his last great adventure. He escaped this morning and was hit by a car and died. It has been the most agonizing day. I have cried buckets and am still crying as I write this. I cannot believe the depth to which I miss this crazy dog. Everything hurts. I want him to bark, and scratch and protect us. I'm just about to go up to bed and he's not going to scurry behind me and jump right into his spot, then jump down 50 times to check the front door, the girls room and come back. I don't know how I'll sleep with all that silence.

I just started upstairs and had to come back to add this, it has summed things up. Emma is singing a song upstairs in my room that goes like this-

We used to be 5 and now we're 4
I don't know how we'll be
We used to be 5 and now we're 4
I miss him so much
We used to be 5 and now we're 4
I don't know how we'll be

5 comments:

Grandma said...

My heart aches for you all. We will miss Gus too. Wish we could have been there to help.
Love you all.
Grandpa Jim and Grandma

sandy said...

Cameron was close to crying this morning when John told me. He had so much fun with Gus this summer at Bill and Kyra's, we will miss him also. We are so sad.

The Hayes family in Georgia.

Jacob said...

Bella and I are so so sad for you all, Gus had such a woderful personality. I know he will will be greatly missed.
Love
Bella and Jacob

Ms. Turnage said...

Oh, Melissa! So sad to hear about your Gus.

Ms. Turnage said...

Didn't realize this wouldn't include my name. It's Mel from Iveland.