Friday, November 4, 2011

My baby

Lucy with her first and hopefully last shiner.
Lu is now walking, a whole month earlier than her sisters walked.   She's walking and tripping and getting herself into everything.  It is so much fun.  But boy do I enjoy nap time.  Every single part.  The bottle, the rocking, the holding (and of course the sleeping).  It's one time when I can still cuddle her up and listen to her breathe.   It's like my own little magic potion.  I read the following poem today on another mom's blog, such a good reminder.


The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.


taken from ....
 Ruth Hulbert Hamilton, Song for a Fifth Child 


However in full disclosure, after rocking and cuddling I tear out of Lucy's room like my pants are on fire to get a few things done around our house.

No comments: