Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thankful posts for Lent

Today is the beginning of Lent.  Last year I made a commitment to writing a daily post throughout Lent about something I was thankful for.  It was a wonderful experience.  I'd found an article about cultivating an attitude of gratitude through focusing on things around you for which you are thankful.  It worked, I loved looking at my life through that lens and I'm excited to refocus again this Lenten season.

Taken last summer on our 11th wedding anniversary, at St. Michael and St. George, the church at which we were married.
I can't help but start with Kevin, my best friend, my true love and the person who helps me see the loveliness in all that we've been given.   Without him by my side nothing would be so sweet, or funny or safe.

 "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. "- Mignon McLaughlin

No comments: