Friday, August 28, 2009

Another first!


Ellie is an official preschooler! She started school at the Family Center today! She had a great time, and has shared lots of fun stories about her day. She now has two best friends, has a symbol to represent her name, a cubby, and enjoys working with clay. WOW! The difference a day can make!


Nearly two weeks have passed since my last post. Not due to lack of excitement around the Baum house though! Since my last post Kindergarten continues to exceed ALL of our expectations! I've been back at Ritenour doing some job coaching for a first grade teacher. Ellie and I have been to the zoo 3 times. Kevin has been working like crazy (what's new). I've been able to volunteer in Emma's room twice, with Ellie tagging along and loving it! Now, I'm finished with my stint in first grade, Ellie and Emma are over the moon about school and here's hoping this is just the beginning of a fabulous year!

1 comment:

Grandpa...Bill said...

Sunday August 30th 2009

Emma and Ellie agreed to a"formal" interview sesion to discuss their first few days at school.

Emma: What was the biggest surprise of your first week as a kindergartner at Captain School?
Well, I did not expect it to be so much fun.

Ellie: What was the biggest surprise of your first week as a preschooler at the family center?
Yes – I wanted to go and did not expect to meet Nora or two friends.

Emma: Did anything concern you your first week at school.
Once I was scared after lunch when the line left without me and the other Emma wanted me to go outside to recess without a grown-up. Mrs. Rosencran has changed the procedure. Now if you bring your lunch box you are allowed to put it away before the line leaves. If the line goes outside without you then I will find a grown-up before I go outside. Mom sent an email to Mrs Rocescran and told her I was concerned.

Ellie: Did anything concern you your first week at school.
Nora and Savanna are my two best friends at the family center. I did not expect to have two best friends! They’re nice friends and I play with them every single day and every time.

Emma: What would you like to tell me about school?
I have a journal and I get to write stories in it every day. I write about music, PE, Art, birthdays, the library and recess.

Ellie: What would you like to tell me about school?
I have two best friends that I get to play with everyday. At Emma’s school I get to write in Mrs. Rosecran’s journal.