Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Missing Gus...

Each day is a little less raw. We're able to laugh about all of the crazy things Gus did. Laugh until we cry. This photo is from October 2006--he has his Halloween bandana on. The night before he died we got out all of our Halloween goods, we put his bandana on him.




The girls 3 years ago! What beautiful baby girls!

On another note, a lovely woman who blogs at nieniedialogues.com will be on Oprah tomorrow. She has a remarkable story which I'm sure Oprah will tell beautifully. I plan to tape it (yup, setting the VCR!!) so that I can watch it later.

2 comments:

Grandpa...Bill said...

There’s a yoga mantra that says “The longer it takes - the sooner you arrive”

Well; It took years for Gus to wiggle his way into so many lives become part of your daily .routine and a constant companion – but he certainly arrived. That’s so special, not something that happens quickly or is easily obtained. When we choose to love the rewards are beyond what we can possibly imagine. So many times I don’t fully understand those rewards until the source of love is gone. Still, I choose to savor and live every moment, take the risks and experience those periods of unimaginable delight. Melissa, your daily story’s of life and love are one of the unimaginable delights.

“I am not the one who loves – its love that seizes me”

sandy said...

I cry for you guys because it took me 4 years to get a dog for my kids because I was afraid of the love we all get for our dogs. I was so afraid to open myself up to that again after having an amazing dog for 16 years. Buck will be 1 year old this Sunday and I am glad we have him and know how great it is for my kids but with losing Gus it brings home the pain that is to come at some time but will enjoy him more and appreciate him more even tho he drives me nuts as the puppy he still is. It only took me 9 years to get another dog........it's the toughest and greatest thing having one.