Thursday, November 12, 2009

I ♥ Purple!



It's been a busy couple of weeks. WAY too much time working and not enough time enjoying. I know I'll find a balance but I'm not there yet.
Today was good medicine for the soul though. While driving down Clayton Rd. I saw this bumper sticker and cracked up. It's sort of hard to read, but it says I ♥ Purple! How wonderful is that?! No angry statement, no condenming slogan, just a person in love with purple! I HAD to see who was behind such a bold declaration. He was not what I was expecting which made my smile grow even wider. It was the perfect sentiment for this lovely day spent away from work and back in the swing of things.

Today I ♥
Ellie's crazy curls and scuffed up shoes.
Emma telling me that I was sleeping so soundly last night that a brass band couldn't have woken me!
Going to Target all on my lonesome!
A text from my husband telling me that I'm loved.
Homegrown tomatoes in November...not from my home, but from one of the most generous people I know, the new Mrs. K.
The song Ain't No Reason by Brett Dennan
Sitting on a park bench and talking to a friend I've known a long time, and not even once thinking I should be "getting something done", because really at that moment was there anything more important?
Anticipating the arrival of family tomorrow for our 4th annual November weekend!
Indulging in a Starbuck's latte for the second day in a row (thanks Dad and Kyra).
God's love.

Yes, balance is returning.











No comments: