Monday, May 23, 2011

Technologically impaired

 Have you been wondering why I'm frittering my life away on Facebook?  I can totally understand your concern.  It seems I have been perpetually showing up as logged onto Facebook for about the last nine months or so.  Earlier this evening, while on Facebook I was reading about one of my fabulous former students who recently graduated from high school.  She responded to a comment that "she's always on FB" with "my phone never logs me out".  Phone, log out?  I thought.  PHONE, LOG OUT?!  I check FB on my phone while nursing, I've never logged out, not ever.  I decided I'd better investigate this matter.  After putting Lulu to bed I came downstairs, got on the computer and logged into Kev's FB account (yes, I have his passwords and he has mine).  Lo and behold, guess who was on FB?  Yep, me. I had done exactly the same thing with my phone tonight as I've done every other night, thinking that because I wasn't actually ON Facebook, I wasn't ON Facebook.  Guess that's not the case.  I laughed so hard I thought I'd choke.   I quickly figured out how to log myself off of FB on my phone and my picture disappeared from "Friends on chat"....for perhaps the first time in nine months!  It's been a good long run Facebook!

Nothing at all to do with this post.  But isn't she a doll?  This was on her kindergarten visit day last week.  She'll be a kindergartener in less than 3 months.  She's so ready.  I'm so not. 

No comments: