Thursday, June 2, 2011

A chapter closed....

Eleanor's mornings at preschool are over.  Which means my cocoon like afternoons with her are too.  All year I savored these days.  Even especially the slow, meandering ones when we did a whole lot of nothing.  I have a little lump in my throat, oh these years, they pass far too quickly.   Old Debbie Downer takes a hike though as soon as Eleanor starts talking about kindergarten.  It's impossible not to be excited for her.  I remember thinking how big and grown up she seemed when she started preschool two years ago.   Today we sat down and carefully looked through her journal, comprised of work from the last two years.  I caught glimpses of that three year old.  But wow, how she's grown!  It makes me excited to see who this amazing little one will continue to grow into.  

No comments: