Thursday, October 20, 2011

The best seat

Watching my kids watch the World series was even better than watching the game. We rarely watch any sports but you would've never guessed it had you been in our living room last night.  The girls were so pumped, cheering and making signs.  They watched every moment of the 6 innings they were allowed to stay up for.

Just a few of my favorite moments:

*The girls distrust of the Ranger's pitcher, C.J. Wilson. They were not impressed with his haircut.   Alexi Ogando got their ok.

*Emma's emotion at Pujols being walked.  Her face was priceless, a look of total shock.  Followed by jumping on her chair and shouting "WHAT???  COME ONNNNNN!!!" And then Eleanor's "I knew I didn't like him "( the pitcher that is).

*Eleanor's constant reminder , "Emma, this is just one game, there will be more."

*Emma trying to help Ellie say Pujolis.  El pronounces it Pull-horse.  Emma would, as patiently as she could, say Pujols, slowly.  El would then say "yea, Pulllll-hoooorse".   Finally, totally exasperated Emma said, just call him Albert.

As I was putting the girls to bed Emma said "mom, people are saying the Rangers are a better team, but I don't think they have our heart.  I hope when they go to Texas they can look out and see just a little bit of red and remember we're all cheering".  My own little birdo.


Emma watching the Cardinals play in the 2004 play offs.

No comments: