Monday, January 23, 2012

Dinner Tonight...One Potato, Two

At our house, we've been hoping for snow for weeks and honestly, we're pretty disappointed in this mild winter.  I know we are some of the very few but we actually LOVE winter!  By March we're ready for Spring but not in January.   Soup tops our favorite winter dinner menus and on that list baked potato soup is among our favorites.  I love this dinner because it's super easy, tasty and everyone is happy.   It's also a two-for-one dinner because I bake lots of potatoes earlier in the week and have baked potato bar...another crowd pleaser


This recipe is so easy.  The only change I make is to double the number of potatoes.  Very soon I'll need to double the recipe, last night we had NO leftovers.  We serve with grated cheddar cheese and bacon.  

I also bake this bread-
Another huge winner in our house.  The kids ask me at least once a week to bake it.  It makes two loaves and I try to freeze one for very busy days.

I'm sure some people would serve it with a big green salad...we never do.  It's a big carb load dinner, at least you won't be hungry later in the evening!  

I've got my boots on, now who do I call about getting some snow?



No comments: