Wednesday, October 14, 2015

She was shocked



Just shocked, when Rick Riordan shared last night that 40% of adults don't even read 1 book a year. 


Wouldn't it be fun to have to read good books again?!   To be given actual TIME to do it?    I  started this book earlier in the week.  Christy has been asking me to read it for a very long time and  I really don't know what has taken me so long.  I'm not very far along but oh boy, this is a good one.  I've already cried and gasped and furiously written down these lines...

"If there is a fundamental challenge within these stories, it is simply to change our lurking suspicion that some lives matter less than other lives."

"I knew that the poor has some privileged delivery system for giving me access to the gospel.  Naturally, I wanted to be around this."

Excuse me while I try to keep my eyes open long enough to read a few more pages!

No comments: