Monday, June 22, 2009

It's Monday



and the day was going along just great, a nice combo of swimming and rice krispie treats. Then SOMEONE left Gus in the backyard while she took the girls to ballet. Which is not so good since 1.) Gus can get out of the fence and 2.) it's 100 degrees outside. Needless to say he got loose and ran around the street making the neighbors quite worried. Our next door neighbor Amanda called me on my way home to break the news....Gus was out and being a menace! I raced, as much as one can race, while obeying speed limits and dealing with traffic intended for a major highway but sidelined to city streets, home. When I arrived home Gus ran into the street to greet us, I stopped, not wanting to run him over. Meanwhile our neighbor (I assume he lives close, I see him a lot) was riding his bike down the street, I was very much in the way of his swift ride and Gus was making matters worse. I don't know what he mumbled as he sped by, but I bet it wasn't nice :)! I've never been up for any dog owner of the year awards but I'm pretty sure this kicks me out of contention for good! Sorry Gussy Boy!

WEEKEND RECAP



After exhausting the girls at the pool Kevin and I had a lovely dinner in our less than lovely yard~ you know I didn't even notice the overturned chair or shoes in the yard until now!


A great idea! Real Simple suggested cutting corn off of the cob this way...it worked so well.



Happy Father's Day Kevin! We had a wonderfully relaxing day!

No comments: