Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Right now

For the last few years being truly present has been my number one goal.  Sounds kind of corny but it's been huge in my life and the life of my little family.  Of course, there are times when I let my mind travel into the unknown and I fret, I worry, I wonder. Today though I cannot imagine a better place than the spot I stand.  In fact if I had a time freezer I'd zap these moments and stay here for a loooong time.  We've settled into the nicest summer rhythm.  We're not doing much of anything.  We aren't even leaving the house much.  There's lots of reading, baking, imagining, gymnastics, dress up, plays, gardening and laughing.  For now, the big girls are playing like two peas in a pod.  I know this will fade, maybe slowly over the next few weeks and maybe like an avalanche in an hour.  But this is the moment I'm in and I'm so happy to be right here.
Lucy in her summer uniform.  
 

No comments: