Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fairy Houses

Constructing their fairy house.  They could have worked alone but wanted to build together.  This was Emma's idea.  Before Eleanor agreed she said....you've got to listen to my ideas and use some of them.  I love these girls!  
 Last week by a random stroke (blessing) I read about a class at Shaw Nature Reserve based on Kristen's Fairy House, by Tracy Kane.  This has been a favorite book and movie at our house for a couple of years. The girls researched the author and even found out there is a fairy house festival every year in Maine.  So tempting to these girls, and their mother, who would love to visit Maine.  Since we're not heading east this summer I signed us up for the class immediately and we've been excited ever since.
 Kevin and I have never taken the girls to Shaw and I'd forgotten how beautiful it is.  So different form its big sis The Botanical Garden but amazing all the same.  We smiled and felt happy from the time we got out of the car until the time we chased Lucy down and wrangled her into her car seat to head home, which we really didn't want to do. We could have stayed all day and we're already planning to return.
There were several fairy houses hidden for the kids to find.  Can you spot one?


Native plants everywhere.  So pretty and natural.

That little building had chairs and a table inside.  I really wanted some iced tea and my book.

Lucy was awesome, running around finding sticks and leaves for the girls to use in their fairy house.

"I love this!!!" Eleanor


No comments: