Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 3

Sweet Eleanor is sick.  She got sick early Wednesday morning, I was hopeful that it was the quick 24 hour stomach bug that is going around.  It is not.  This sucker is hanging on.  Last night we were sure she was well.  She had a fever in the morning but seemed in good shape by the time we were going to bed.  She was not.  She woke up early this morning throwing up again.  Booooo!  I have trouble writing about vomit and sharing a recipe in the same post, so I'm not going to do it.  Send us good healing thoughts and prayers, please!






Last night was Black History Night at the girls' school.  It is a really wonderful celebration.  The 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade chorus sings and the entire 1st and 2nd grade perform as well.  I was so disappointed not to get to see Emma sing and also sad for Eleanor not to get to participate.  One of El's friends sent her a card that said "I am crying right now because you are sick and not coming to Black History Night", it had the perfect effect of making her feel loved and missed and so took some of the sting out of not going, plus the dozen roses my dad brought her didn't hurt.

No comments: