Friday, June 5, 2015

the ups and downs of the first week of summer

It always takes some adjusting to get our summer groove going.  Every single year over the span of one little bitty week we go from pure delight to outright angst before finally landing on what is most generally a very comfortable space.  I'm used to it so I don't actually go from my highest to my lowest like years gone by.  That's the good part.  The bad part is the kids seem to physically need this metamorphosis.   So I let them.  And I lay ground rules and enforce consequences and try my best not to lose my mind while they are gaining theirs.

There were some really long hours and some delightful ones too and this afternoon I'm pretty sure we've made it to the other side just in time for a fantastic summer weekend.




Hope you love your weekend as much as Lucy loves parmesan cheese!!

No comments: