Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another week closer!

Here are the front porch columns.  They will be finished with a piece of limestone and then a white post will complete the column.  Ok, so this is the first thing that I'm not thrilled with.  They are HUGE!!!!  I think they're too big.  They were built as the plan called for but they really cut into the front porch--which is already pretty small.  
Here is a picture that gives a better perspective of how big these things are! I think I'm going to have to forgo the adirondack chairs in favor of a porch swing!  Oh well!!
The girls had a great time running around the basement this afternoon.  They didn't want to leave!

Laclede Gas was here this week.
More running--this time in the backyard.

The inspections this week all went well.  Tomorrow morning the insulation is going to begin.  It will take a couple of days and then the drywall will begin.  By the end of next week we should have some real walls up.    

Oh yes, this is how we closed out last week!  I was so against it until I had looked at dirty dishes on the counter and in the sink for a day and a half!  I couldn't stand it any longer.  Thankfully the sink was back in order Saturday morning.  

No comments: