Sunday, January 11, 2009

I finally went inside!

Yesterday Kevin and I met the flooring rep. at the house to make some choices on hardwood and tile.  I had not been inside the house for over a week. I was so thrilled to see all of the progress I'd been hearing so much about.  We now have stairs into the basement 
This basement may not look like much to you, but to this mom, who for the last 9 months has been living in a second floor, sub 900 square foot apartment, with 2 wonderfully energetic kids and 1 equally happy dog, this looks like heaven!  I can just see all the running around and silliness that is going to be happening down there in a few months.
The egress window.
The framed in fireplace.  
The joy which the sight of this tub brings is certainly on par with the basement.  Truly it can only be understood though if you've seen where we are currently bathing!    
Emma and Ellie's shower---this is where their tub toys will live---somewhere other than where I'll shower !!!!
The plumbers and electricians have been hard at work.

Kevin met with the HVAC crew last week to figure out where all of the vents will go.  He also met with the electrician to talk about outlet placement and light switches.  I am so glad he was in town and able to do that, it's important but not something I really have an opinion about- until there is one in a place I don't like :). Here is one of the vents!  

No comments: