Friday, March 18, 2011

Technology, it's great...

sometimes!  We're on vacation and other than answering our phones if one of us gets lost and using the Disney World ride wait time app, we're mostly technology free.  I wrote this post on the 17th, it felt a bit like cheating but I really want to be free from computers/email/Facebook while we're away so I wrote several thankful posts and put them in a queue on blogger to be posted daily.  If this post is appearing on a day other than March 18th, the technology (or maybe it's me) has failed!
I have a love hate relationship with technology.  I love the ease for which I can find information, keep in touch with people and record daily thoughts.  I loathe the drain I sometimes allow it to have on my precious free time.  Even though this sounds like a post about something I'm not thankful for, it's not.  I enjoy technology very much and am thankful to have it in my life but it does pose some challenges.  We keep technology at an arm's length from our kids.  They're bright; don't tell me they'll be behind in life if they don't have an iPad to play with, I just won't believe you.  Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't work harder to keep technology at an arm's length from myself.  Oh wait, I don't know how to use our TV, I guess I'm doing a pretty good job!

A live puppet show.  Nothing on You Tube even comes close! 

No comments: