Wednesday, March 30, 2011

All it takes is a list

 I am a compulsive list maker, it's something that makes me happy.  I'm thankful I can be pacified so easily.  Kevin laughs at my need to write on my daily list things like "eat" and "shower".   Last week, after emerging from the piles of laundry created by vacation and pre-vacation avoidance of laundry I felt overwhelmed.  My house has needed to be cleaned, really, down deep cleaned for a long time.  I can spiff it up and make it do, but the truth is there's a lot under there that needs taking care of.  In a few words WE HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF!   I read on this blog about a  40 days and 40 bags challenge for Lent.  Essentially, clearing out 40 bags of stuff for the 40 days of lent and all the while spring cleaning so that at Easter you emerge with a clean, organized home. This little plan includes making a list of one or two areas to tackle each day.  I love it--it includes a list!  On Sunday night I sat down and made a list for the next month and boy is it keeping me busy.  I am taking my time, doing things right and hoping I don't run out of steam half way through.

Cleaning schmeaning!  She'll have none of it.  I do my dirty work while this girl gets her morning beauty sleep.

No comments: