Sunday, March 18, 2012

4 more!

Today I'm thankful for-

RAIN!!
Yesterday was a great weather day in my opinion.  A lovely warm morning just right for a run in the park.  After lunch a rain storm settled in and lasted all afternoon which made leaving the house seem like a terrible idea and snuggling under a blanket with a cup of hot tea and a movie seem so much smarter.

36
I'm thankful for 36 wonderful years.  I'm looking forward to at least 63 more.

Nice words
Words have power, they can make you feel happy, sad, small or important.  I like people who use their words for good purposes.  Last night when the girls and I were getting ready to cuddle before bed Emma said "mom, you get in the middle" Eleanor added "Yea, you're the good stuff, like the fig in a newton".  Such nice words.

Raffi
 I've logged a lot of hours listening to Raffi and I don't regret a single one.  Lucy is loving him right now and I'm thankful that my big girls have such affection for him from their own memories that they sing and dance right along with her.   I give at least a bit of credit to Raffi for my girls strong literacy skills.  Parents who don't sing with their kids are missing so much fun.

"When you wake up in the morning and it's a quarter to four, and you think you hear a knock on the door you brush your teeth.  Chhhh, chhh, chhh, chhh, chhh, chhh, chhhhh, chhh, chhh"

No comments: