Thursday, January 10, 2013

My toddler

If I've taken anything at all away from this past week it's to cherish my kids, love them like crazy and learn from them.  All of my girls are marvelous teachers, each one with her own lessons.  Number 3 is a lesson in letting loose, having fun, and living in the moment.  She's also a lesson in patience, in seeing the big picture and taking lots of deep breaths so you can remember and practice all of those other lessons.  

She loves pajamas.
She loves her passy.
She loves to make noise.
She loves to dance and sing.
She loves me and tells me so all of the time.

She is also like a small tornado.
Take a look at the basement behind her.  I bet that took her about 3 minutes.
And her face.  She can't ever just paint paper.  

No kidding, just as soon as I can cover her up and turn around she is out of bed again.   
 We've begun Lucy's transition from a crib into a big girl bed (which is just her crib missing one side).  I need a quick attitude adjustment because I don't want to do this.  Emma moved into a big girl bed at a couple months shy of 3 (and a few months before I was really ready) and Eleanor was a few months over 3 (perfect!).  In my humble opinion I see absolutely no reason (other than safety) to move a toddler into a bed until at least 3.  Of course leave it to Lucy to use my safety caveat to begin this transition many months earlier than I want.   So far it's not really been awesome.  No nap yesterday, no nap today.  Questionable sleep last night.  I think another lesson this girl has (and has always had) for me is to be flexible and to expect change, even when I like things just the way they are. This is hard for me but gosh if isn't good for ol' stay the same forever me!  She spices things up, keeps me on my toes and helps me remember that stretching and changing and growing keep us happy.




No comments: