Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My secret weapon....

I'm not a breakfast person.  I like breakfast foods just not at a normal breakfast time.  I could easily go until lunch with just coffee.  Of course if I do that then I'm starving in the afternoon and make all kinds of ill advised eating choices...like 3 or 4 chocolate chip cookies.  A couple of years ago I started making a smoothie in the morning and that changed things, I can handle a smoothie and it really does help me all day long.  But the last couple of weeks I've been lazy about breakfast and I haven't been making my smoothie.  Boo.  Today I dusted off the blender and whizzed up some breakfast.  I feel better already.  I wish this smoothie also worked on kids.  A couple of them are waking up later and later, they got out of bed 10 minutes before having to leave the house today.  How many more days of school?


Smoothie Recipe
1/2 C plain yogurt
1/2 C orange juice
1 frozen banana (I slice bananas and freeze them)
1/4 C frozen mango
1 handful of spinach
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
a little bit of water if the mixture seems too thick


No comments: