Monday, May 12, 2014

Gratitude

Raising three amazing human beings is at times sobering work. The last six weeks have been some of the hardest of my parenting days.  Not the hardest.  Maybe not even ranking in the top five periods of hard times.  Still over my ten and a half years of being a mom, they rank pretty high.  I feel like it's safe to say that in many ways things are getting better.  Persistence.  Unconditional love.  Prayer. People that love and support you.  These are key I think in being able to keep up during tough times in parenting.  Plus gratitude.   When I can stop and think about what I'm grateful for, even on my crummiest days,  I know that I am blessed.

Today in my core group someone suggested it might be nice if we all kept a gratitude list of 3 things a day this week for which we are thankful.  I couldn't have agreed more.

1.) My clothesline and perfect clothesline weather.

2.) Getting a great big hug and then hearing "I like you".  I hear I love you a lot but something about hearing " I like you" just really made me smile today.

3.) Hearing Lucy talk to her newest pet, a lady bug.



Pink bathrobes on 3 year olds, I'm also very grateful for that. 





No comments: