Wednesday, May 14, 2014

October in May

 She asked me to make her some cinnamon toast a few minutes ago.  When I returned with the toast she was snoozing.   Eleanor walked into the room and looking at Lucy said "Mom, how is it possible that she always falls asleep in the cutest position?"  I wonder that too.  

Today felt like October to me and since fall is my favorite time of year I think it put a little extra spring in my step.  I had all sorts of really boring errands to run while Lucy was at school and the fall like weather made me want to stop for a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Today I feel grateful for.....

1.) Early morning runs outside!  It is now light enough that I can go for a run outside in the morning before my house wakes up.  I love it!

2.) No after school activities today!  Things are really winding down in the activity department and I am so happy!  Emma's dance classes are over, no more Brownies, piano is almost finished and track will be over this weekend.  Track was cancelled today because of the rain- yahoo!  Right now Emma is in her bed reading, Eleanor is figuring out how to make a pretend phone and Lucy is fast asleep on the couch next to me.  

3.) Kevin is home early!  It's 5:00 and Kevin is home from work!!!!  This never happens,  he is on the phone addressing some kind of problem but he is physically at home.  











No comments: