Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Peace like a river


Lucy has been singing the song Peace Like a River today and I just can't get enough of her sweet little voice.   Yes, I know this picture is not of Lucy singing but  my yard after rain gives me a feeling of peace! 

Day two of my gratitude list finds me peaceful and content.  Lucy and I had a stay home day today and I guess I hadn't realized how much we both really needed one of those.  She wore her pajamas or her leotard all day.  Though I changed out of my pajamas there was really no need.  We caught up on some chores and Lucy played with Barbies for hours before crashing for a two and a half hour nap.


Today I'm grateful for

1.) A rainy stay home day.

2.) Ingredients in my kitchen to make a last minute change from tilapia to broccoli cheese soup.  A rainy stay home day just kind of begs for homemade soup.

3.) Kids who make their own snack AND clean up!  It doesn't always happen but it did today.  Eleanor made a yogurt parfait....cut up a banana, drizzled honey on top and then put everything away and wiped the counter clean.  Lord have mercy!





No comments: