Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Ash Wednesday

Today is the first day of Lent and as I've attempted (but not achieved) in the past, I plan to create a habit of writing Lenten what I'm thankful for posts.  Thinking of what I'm thankful for is not hard, choosing to make time to write about it is.  I know there is power in gratitude and intentionality so I hope to make space for it!


Today I'm thankful for liturgical seasons and the way they center me.  Advent and Lent are both times that I feel so much peace and purpose.  Filling up during these seasons helps me all year long.

Lucy and Pastor Meagan.  I love this photo of these two amazing ladies!

Ash Wednesday
Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent. It occurs 46 days (40 non-Sundays, and 6 Sundays)  before Easter and can fall as early as February 4th or as late as March 10th. According to the gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, Jesus Christ spent 40 days fasting in the desert, where he endured temptation by Satan. Lent originated as a mirroring of this, fasting 40 days as preparation for Easter.

No comments: