Saturday, March 16, 2019

Days 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11

I have been very thankful and even intentional about thinking about something daily but I have not written.  So, I'll catch up today with 5 things just from today that I'm thankful for!






1: Waking up to gentle rain.  We drove all day yesterday from St. Louis to New Orleans and got in at about 8 last night.  We were exhausted and all slept great, and waking up to the gentle sound of rain was beautiful!

                                                        


2: Great travel companions.  All of them are really the best.  Everyone is up for an adventure (a VooDoo Museum that a certain 8 year old had to see), understanding of diet restrictions (vegetarian and gluten free), willing to try new things (gumbo), and in general just a whole lot of fun.  They are my favorite group ever.

















3: Musicians in the family.  One of the reasons we chose to come to New Orleans was jazz.  Both Emma and Eleanor play in jazz bands, and have taught us a lot about jazz music and instruments.   We heard some fun music today and are looking forward to more throughout the week.





4.) The Magic Tree House book series.  Lucy and I read a Magic Tree House book about New Orleans and Louis Armstrong last week and we learned all sorts of things about the city and jazz.  Lucy keeps noticing things we read about and sharing them with everyone!  Emma traces her love of history back to that book series and I'm seeing it happen again with Lucy!  



5. Quiet!  Right now I'm sitting on the front porch of our Air B and B and I can hear birds singing and an occasional car.  It's cool outside and there's nothing I need to do.  Kevin is reading and the girls are inside relaxing with Food Network.  We're ordering Mediterranean food to be delivered for dinner and everything is lovely.

No comments: