Friday, February 22, 2013

Snow Day Cinnamon Rolls

We got our wish, another snow day!

Eleanor is teaching Emma how to play chess.  She is such a good teacher.  

Last night I decided to make cinnamon rolls, in case school wasn't called off and I needed something to lure the kids out of bed.  My mom makes the best cinnamon rolls in the world.  I've tried her recipe and mine do not measure up.  Not even close, I'd rather only have them once a year, when she makes them for Christmas, than keep messing up a good thing.   So over the last few years I've tried several different  recipes and none have been what we were looking for.  While they were easier they were all still somewhat time consuming and required planning ahead.  Last night I found this cinnamon roll recipe and I tried it out this morning.  Bingo!  Here's what I've been searching for.  While they are still not the yummy special occasion cinnamon rolls of my childhood, they are perfectly suited for a middle of the week treat.   They are a quick, non-yeast, 45 minute start to finish cinnamon roll, which requires absolutely no preplanning!

Wish us luck.  We are off on an adventure to find more snow.  We hear Columbia has a foot.  MODOT says I-70 is mostly clear so we're heading west!

No comments: