Friday, October 4, 2013

Storybook Picnic and Cheers for the Weekend!

At our school the first Friday in October is the storybook picnic for kindergarten through second grade.  So that's where I've been, with varying combinations of my girls, for the past five first Fridays in October.  I'm a little bummed but today was my last storybook picnic....for a few years!


I am almost giddy in my anticipation of our weekend.  It's pretty empty, for the first time in a long time none of my children are sleeping over with friends and no extra children will be sleeping at our house.  No play dates are planned, no birthday parties or other get togethers.  I love all of those things but this weekend, with it's handful or activities is such a nice little breather.  And the weather!  Oh, it looks like it's going to be perfect!  Plus I just brought up all of the Halloween decorations from the basement this morning.  It's going to be a good weekend for sure.

No comments: