Saturday, January 4, 2014

Eleanor is 8!

Eleanor turned 8 on Tuesday!
What at gem she is.
She's insightful, honest, thoughtful and observant.    
She is wise and empathetic, calm and good deep down to her toes.
She loves to laugh and her laugh fills our house with happiness.
She doesn't like sarcasm or poking fun at anyones expense.
She has high expectations of herself and everyone else
She likes sports and art, and zebra print, lots of zebra print.
She is a whiz with numbers and her words flow beautifully too.
In addition to all of this she is a contradiction every single day and I love that.  She reminds me to never put limits on anyone, don't box them in.  We get to change our minds, we get to be who we want and are called to be.




Christmas morning.  


"Do I contradict myself?  Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes"
Walt Whitman "Song of Myself"
Whitman wrote it and Eleanor  lives it!  Oh, how I love you Ellie!!

No comments: