Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Monday

Today I'm thankful for

This gizmo


 I always put my smoothie in a jar and often end up not making it too far through the smoothie before having to leave to take the kids to school.  Now with this new thing a ma jig I can take my smoothie to go!  I'm not much of a kitchen gadget person, in fact I don't really like them but this is awesome.   

Patience and Grace

 I pray for it often and boy God gives me a lot of little ways to practice my desire.  This morning as I got everyone out of bed much, much earlier than anyone wanted to be moving, I kept asking for patience, and a gentle voice and lots of love.  One of my girls howled in bed for a good 20 minutes, the other two had sleepy eyes and quick tempers.  I just kept praying and smiling and hugging and I can happily say that everyone left for school with a smile.  I'm so thankful for God's grace and for the moments that I share that grace with my girls.

My Core Group

We started up again this morning after a long holiday break.  Really, rather than going to Core Group I wanted to do a lot of little chores that have been piling up around the house.  I kind of wanted to run outside at 9am rather than on the treadmill at 5am.  I would have loved to have read my book on the couch with a cup of tea.  I went to core group anyway because I knew it was where I was supposed to be.  As always I left thankful to my core that I get to spend time with these amazing ladies.







Emma and her pencil sharpener, which was maybe her favorite Christmas gift!



No comments: