Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Not so fast.....

My quest to get rid of as much superfluous stuff as possible continues.  The fact of the matter is that nobody cares two cents about anything that I'm hauling out of here.  Of course this clean up is a covert operation, happening mostly in the quiet moments I find myself home alone.  Which makes it a painfully slow process but if they knew how much I'm pitching and donating suddenly everything would be a treasure and I'd have drama on my hands.  Case in point.....Lucy's changing table.  I don't remember the last time it was used, in fact it's been in her closet for months (maybe a year?) until I could decide what to do with it.  Yesterday afternoon Lucy feel asleep on the couch (we've given up naps...another blog, another day) so I seized the moment and ran upstairs to declutter her room.  I pulled the changing table out of her closet and pushed it into the hallway for Kevin to carry out to the van.   Bye bye unneeded furniture!  Later in the evening Lucy walked past the table, stopped in her tracks and exclaimed "OH!  My changing table.  This is a very good place for me to have it!"  I explained that we didn't need it anymore.  She collapsed into tears and told me she needed that table for changing her night time diaper (which we've never, ever used it for) and that she didn't want to give it away.  I got choked up too, I suppose it had something to do with giving away the very last piece of baby furniture. So today I pushed it back into her room where we used it this morning to take off Lucy's night time diaper, Lucy's legs hanging over the side, looking like the world's biggest baby.  My baby on her changing table for just a little while more.


  Bags and bags of books have made their way out of this house over the last month.  Even though we have 4 copies of Goodnight Moon, Lucy is unwilling to part with those either.  In her defense, they are each different.  One board book (this is our third board book of GNM, each girl had and demolished her own), one small hardback, one large hardback and one paperback.  

Of course a pattern is emerging as you can see......

No comments: