Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Great Purge of '14

We have too much stuff.  It's that simple.  I've been wanting to purge for awhile now but the time just wasn't right.   But today?  Today the time is right.  Just Lucy and me and a nice long day.  I started with toys and books.  The picture below is some of what has been saved from my wrath.  Double that pile and you've got what is on its way to Goodwill...or the trash.  


It's going to take awhile and I'll need to ask for some more patience but I am so excited by the thought of the end result....less stuff to manage.  Because honestly that's just how it feels sometimes like I'm the manager of whole bunch of junk.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit we have an over abundance of stuff but it's true and I have to face the music...or in this case, the toys.

No comments: