Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's official! All of the Baums are odd!

Pictured in the above blurry photo are Melissa (33), Ellie (3), Emma (5), and Kevin (33), due to restaurant pet restrictions Gus (9) was not allowed at this celebratory dinner!  
We are all odd numbers for the next 6 months!  
Yesterday was a wonderful day!  We had cold pizza on paper plates (no dished required) for breakfast.  The girls made my bed for me!  I went out to lunch with my mom, Emma, and Ellie, drank a latte in the afternoon, had a fun afternoon at the Family Center, went out to dinner with Kevin and the girls, ate yummy cake from Maggie Moos (2 giant pieces), got in bed at 7:15 with 2 kids, 1 husband, and 1 dog to watch Little House on the Prairie while it rained outside .  In between I got lots of great calls, emails, a few cards and even flowers--two deliveries!  I feel blessed beyond words.  In my opinion birthdays don't get any better!!  I really needed that wonderful day!  

Yesterday as we were driving to lunch the bank thermometer read 36 degrees.  I knew that was wrong and checked my van read out which said 63.  I mentioned it to the girls and we talked about transposed numbers.  I told them that this year my numbers can't be transposed because either the 3 can go first or the 3 can go first.  They thought this was hilarious, these are the same people who think knock knock jokes are the height of good humor.  We decided to come up with other numbers that can't be transposed and got up to 444.  After lunch I decided to treat myself to a latte.  We went through the Starbucks drive through.  I ordered and was told my total was $3.33.  The car erupted in laughter!!  333!!!  When we drove around the lady at the window said   "Tell me, tell me, what's so funny!!" We told her and I got a free latte.  Thanks Starbucks!  

A lot of grading was done yesterday.  There is a little more to do today and then the cement truck will come.

The plumber should start installing all of this today!

No comments: