Monday, June 3, 2013

The first weekend of summer


What a great start to summer we've had.  Maybe it's the age of my girls but we have settled more smoothly into summer than ever before.  Some years this has not been the case so I'm pretty delighted.

 As soon as school ended on Friday, my mom and I picked up the girls and headed to the my Aunt and Uncle's condo at the Lake for a girls weekend with two of my aunts, three cousins and Baby David, the lone male, but since he's so cute and sweet we happily included him!  It stormed like crazy Friday night and was cool on Saturday.  Did we care?  Nope.  We talked and talked, watched Disney movies, went to the pool, shopped a little, ate simple, easy meals on paper plates, my girls' learned how to play Mancala,  and we all just enjoyed being together.   It was relaxed and easy. I  am really blessed to have such a wonderful family and feel so thankful to have each of these ladies (and that little man) in my life.  Already excited for next year!

No comments: