Tuesday, June 10, 2014

5:15 Tuesday

There are five little girls sitting at my dining room table making Father's Day cards and eating peanut butter crackers.  
It's storming!  
I'm sitting on the front porch with a book and my laptop and Iron and Wine.  The front porch,  aside from this 


is my favorite place in our house this summer
Can you believe that pile of junk?  Our neighbors moved over the weekend and these are the goods they didn't find the need to move.  I really tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and hoped some sort of junk removal company was coming to collect it all.  
No one has come.
Except the city inspector, who was not happy.
I didn't call the inspector, though I did think about it.
He said I didn't need to, he'd had plenty of calls.

I am really enjoying the pace of our summer.  Though it's been pretty rainy, it hasn't really bothered us.  So much reading.  And playing.  Plus one really ok batch of blueberry muffins.  We'll try again soon.

Yesterday Eleanor helped Lucy make a bike trailer for her baby doll.  So when Eleanor was invited to play with a friend Lucy naturally wanted to ride her tricycle instead of walk to drop Eleanor off.  Who could blame her for wanting to try that contraption out on a real ride! Since we had no time constraints the answer was an easy yes.  She pedaled her little legs so hard all the way and on the way back we made a little pit stop at Parker's Table.  We really needed a couple of pieces of chocolate after all of the biking.



No comments: