Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Strength

In our body focused culture we seem to constantly find fault with our bodies..this is too big, that's too small, wrinkles here, stretch marks there...all to be banished or at least improved.  I've been known to jump right on that ship.  Blehhh!  I don't want to ever model that kind of ugly thinking for my kids.  Our bodies are something to be thankful for, not constantly criticized.   There is nothing I want to do physically that I can't.   I have enough energy to be the mom I want to be.  I can run and walk and carry girls whose legs hang nearly to the floor when I pick them up, and who get heavier every single day.  I can chase a toddler around the dining room table until she collapses in giggles, and then rock her to sleep on my soft shoulder.  I can cook and clean and carry load after load of laundry.  I can climb to the top of the tree house and slide down the big slide.  I can fit in the playhouse and push the swing forever.    I am strong and healthy and so thankful.
It's worth mentioning again how thankful I am to have enough energy.  And I do just mean enough.  Someday perhaps I'll also have some to spare?

No comments: