Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11: My marriage


I'm thankful that Kevin and I found each other, amongst all those jeans 18 years ago at the Gap.  Life has changed quite a bit since those days of folding jeans between classes at Ole Mizzou.   We're consumed in a way we couldn't have imagined back then.   There are times when we barely talk all week.  Sure we exchange a few words about which kid needs to be picked up where or what meeting is happening tonight or…."please stop for milk!!".  But a week never goes by where we don't find some time somewhere and really talk, even if it's just a few minutes.  This morning it happened across the kitchen counter early, early in the morning.  The coffee had just been brewed, I was drenched in sweat from a run, and poor Kevin was suffering from a rotten nights sleep due to a nasty sinus infection.  A few simple words exchanged between us and all was right.  A strong marriage is a true blessing and I'm thankful for mine.

No comments: