Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November 1

It's been awhile!  September and October were full of good things.  I wish I'd taken some time to record a few of the happenings in our house.  I suspect November will also be full and so I hope to make more of an effort to find time to record some memories.


November is one of my favorite (maybe my favorite?) months of the year.  Like several Novembers of the past, this year I'll attempt to write my daily gratitudes here.  Of course developing a habit around writing daily will not come easily so we shall see how this goes!

Today, I am thankful for a safe, interesting, fun community of wonderful people in which to raise our girls.  We really love the area we live in.  Every year, Halloween Night is so much fun and really capitalizes on the feeling of community.

Lucy in her second costume of the day.  One costume for school, one costume for trick or treating!

Eleanor and buddies.  This was a fun Halloween to watch unfold for these girls.  They had an idea for a joint costume months ago and laid careful plans and really did all of it themselves.  Halloween is a  big deal for 5th Graders at our elementary school.  These girls have been together since kindergarten so watching them this year was very special.

Finishing homework before heading to a friend's house to watch Harry Potter (for the thousandth time???).  No dressing up or trick or treating for her but it was a great Halloween for her all the same!





1 comment:

Grandpa...Bill said...

Your photos and comments perfect capture each girl. Thank you for sharing these memories Melissa.