Wednesday, November 2, 2016

November 2- Thunderstorms and My Dad

As I write this we are in the middle of a wonderful thunderstorm!  I am thankful to live in a place where thunderstorms happen!

I am also thankful for my dad.  Before I settled in to write this post I received an email from him.  It was a calendar invite that read this way:

Super Moon

The moon will be closer to the earth on Nov 14th then it will be for the next 20 years!
It's also the closest it's been to earth in my... and your lifetime!
I consider myself a lucky person to have been raised and wholly loved by this guy for the last 40 years. He has always been the kindest, most interesting, loving, curious, hard working, fun loving dad around. We've had so many adventures over the years. One of the things I love most about him is that he's always 100% in. Yesterday, Lucy Face Timed my dad as we drove to soccer. As they talked she asked him where he was. He was pulled over on the side of the road because he was driving when she called. Rather than miss the call, he stopped the car and answered and talked. That was exactly the way he raised me......always, always making time for me. Thanks, Dad!
A year ago in a one of our happy places--Columbia!  





No comments: